Tuesday 11 September 2012

Reselections.....

Ok, first of all I need to apologise for my tardiness. This blog will now form a recollection of events, not an ongoing summary because we are now in the house! For those too lazy to read to the end, I can help you by saying that everything went well and I would recommend EBH. But don't tune out now, the fun is really about to begin....
You know that point when you think to yourself, I have to live in this house now for the next 20 years, do I really like that colour? If you are anything like me, the answer is probably no. The colours that I picked 8 weeks ago look crap and I want to start again.
So we did.
It started with a last minute decision that the rendering was too expensive and we should definitely choose a nice brick. From there, we decided that we now wanted light brick, despite the fact that we have wanted dark brick the whole time until now! As you do....
Of course, if we change the brick, then the colourbond roof wouldn't work anymore. Which means the colour scheme wouldn't work. Which means, hello square one. Good to see you again.
Fortunately, our consultant at the home options gallery had a spare couple of hours and could fit us in that day. Or maybe, she just felt sorry for us after listening to us panicking on the phone and saying that we were on our way to see her and we need to start again. Either way, she not only fit us in, but also got us an invite to the staff BBQ lunch. My two tips here:
1. Ask for Josie as your consultant
2. Have your consultation at lunch on a Friday!
While we were able to change everything, we did face two major problems. Firstly, the brick we had finally settled on had gone from being in the "included" category to being an "upgrade". Which meant that we were facing a couple of grand to select that brick, I'll deal wih that one first. Have I mentioned that my wife and I are both lawyers? That certainly worked in our favour as we made the argument that at the time of our selections, our brick selection was an included selection.
Secondly, the essa stone bench tops that were included only came in two colour choices, though we could pay extra to choose another colour. Our consultant did put down an upgrade colour that best matched our colour scheme and also matched the stone selections for our upgraded bathroom counters. It got through first selection and it was only months later that we were notified that they couldn't provide that one to us free of charge. But again, the ability to argue was invaluable as we informed them that we have selected bench colours and bought a large range of lights which matched the essa stone colour. The result? The upgrade was included for free.

Location:Chalmers St,Surry Hills,Australia

No comments:

Post a Comment